Friday, November 6, 2009

October 15



My Creative Students

I have a poster of Albert Einstein on my front door.  It says, “Imagination is more important than knowledge.”  This is what I try to encourage in my classroom.  These students are very creative when given the freedom to be so.  In reading we worked on one Reader’s Theater play of the Emperor’s New Clothes.  They designed their own costumes out of paper.  Every unit I try to do a reader’s theater play.  This second unit we’ve been working on Where the Wild Things Are.  They love reading and acting it out.  Today they spontaeneously asked if they could make invitations to some other classes.  I loved their initiative and independent endeavor so I went with the flow and to encourage their creativity.  It is so neat to see a claws working together and doing something they think is fun. 

No comments: