Friday, December 4, 2009

My Violin Class



So I've been teaching an afterschool activity once a week to beginner violinists.  This has been the youngest group I've taught; ages 5-7.  It would be better if I could see them twice or three times a week.  I have started teaching private lessons over here.  I have one student who is working on the Bach double.  We performed it December 3rd at a store that raises money for the local orphanage.  We had a crowd of Taiwanese families who were fans.  It was so cute, because after every Christmas song we played they would clap.  It's so nice to have people appreciate music.  Usually when I have gone to live music performances at the Chinese Yulan Theather the Chinese people are talking and answering their cell phones.

2 comments:

Nancy Nurse said...

I set out tonight to just browse through several blogs. However, I came to yours and found it so interesting that I spent my entire night reading it alone. I, too, am from a mountainous area and so enjoyed seeing the mountains in China ... well, I enjoyed seeing all of your photos. How very different from America! I look forward to reading future posts and wish you continued success in your adventures!

christine said...

Loved seeing pictures of your class!!!