Sunday, June 28, 2009

Home in the NW



Yeah I'm home in the NorthWest.  I can breath in fresh air.  It is so beautiful here.  I love my hometown, my home state, my home country.  Returning to America has helped me see it with new eyes.  I love America and appreciate her more.  We have so much freedom.  After living in a communist country coming home has been a huge shock for me.  I was not prepared for the reverse culture shock I would experience coming back.  When I first got off the plane I was so surprised to be surrounded by so many large, tall, fat, sloppily dressed people.  People have so much more freedom here in America.  Even the trees are freer.  They can grow naturally.  In China the trees are constantly pruned and moved wherever.  You see trees planted in perfectly straight rows that don't seem natural, actually it is eerie.  You see men moving 30 feet trees to desired locations.  I can walk on grass now and not be in trouble.  You can't walk on the grass in China.  America is so beautiful.  In Chinese America translates into literally beautiful land and it is.  Today I watched some sailboats on the sound.  I had to let out a big old whoop, "I'm home and I'm free." 

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Welcome back!!! :D