Saturday, March 20, 2010

Field Trip




My students just finished a unit on Ancient Rome. We took a field trip to Shenzen to see the Windows of the World. People in Shenzen say, "Give us a day and we will show you the world." It is true you can see all the amazing wonders of the world in miniature. My students had a great time and were so excited to see the colloseum, aqueducts, and statues of Ceasar and Romulus and Remus. All day they were running around surprised and amazed at everything they saw. Four parents came along on the trip and it was nice to see parents supporting their children's education. The kid in me wanted to run around just like my students. Of course the students buy gifts for their parents. One little girl was so happy to get her dad an ashtray. I asked to see what she had gotten him and was surprised to see a picture of Chechavez on the ashtray. She had no idea who he was, but was just so happy. So I had to take a picture of her smiling face next to the Chechavez ashtray. I thought it was so ironic. A smiling little Korean girl holding a Chechavez ashtray.

1 comment:

christine said...

Had no idea the Romans made it over to China.