Friday, June 17, 2011

My First Portrait


So I recieved the most amazing portrait of me by one of my students. Angela painted this picture of me. She is my autistic student and has been quite the challenge this year. She has said some of the most unusual things. For example "I will poop on you." And "Is there milk in there?," while pointing to my breasts. It has been disturbing at times. She has been talking this week about how she could paint a picture of me. I sure wasn't thinking she'd actuallyl do it. It is so amazing to me and humbling. You just never know how you are affecting a child and how they look at you.

3 comments:

Kae said...

Hey, thats an awesome painting! Im just randomly rumaging through blogs and fell into your blog. =) Im looking into teaching abroad in a few years too.


Kay

suzette s. silangan said...

...nyc 1..

suzette s. silangan said...

...nyc 1..