Sunday, June 5, 2011

Wonderings in the Night

I sit overlooking the city. I feel like I am a bird for I have a view that a bird would have. I can't help, but wonder why. I wrote a song once called, "Sometimes I wonder." Well I wonder alot, maybe too much. These are my wonderings late into the night as I overlook the city.

I wonder why I don't have my own family.
I wonder will I only ever take care of other's children and never my own.
I wonder why only men who seem to not believe in God want to believe in me.
I wonder how many other single women are out there wondering the same things I am.
I wonder how long I can live like this, because often I think it would be best if I didn't.
I wonder how long do I have to humble myself and die to my desires.
I wonder if the men I love will ever love God and have a Holy Fire.
I wonder why am I alive.

The rest I seek in holding your hand can never be, because it will never be rest. The rest I seek is SHALOM and only He can give it. How I wish you believed in His Shalom. Forever I will cry into the night longing for what can not be, because forever you love and love does not die. Try as I might I can not escape His Love, because I am a slave. And yet it is what I have chosen-to be a slave to righteousness.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

It takes great courage to be so transparent. I hope you receive comfort in knowing that you are not alone in these wonderings. By voicing these things aloud, you minister to all the rest of us who have felt the same.

alexielko1989 said...

very nice,i knew how the feeling is