Tuesday, February 12, 2013

The Second Day of the Year of the Snake


 The two Americans in the group united in spirit and in colour.
New Year meal with friends.
 Nikia and I.
 A tree walking toward the Star Ferry.

Waiting at the IFC to watch the fireworks over Victoria Harbour.

The second day of the year of the snake was very special for me.  I dressed up in traditional clothes to meet with my church friends for lunch.  They are such beautiful, precious people and I feel home and comfortable with them.  I left them for awhile to meet up with my friend from Russia who was visiting. It was good to catch up with her as I hadn't seen her in two years.  Then I waited at the IFC to watch the fireworks.  It was such a great view.  I waited for 2 hours outside in front of the Red Bar on the rooftop terrace garden, but it was worth the wait.  I met a nice lady traveling from England and her son bought me a drink while we waited for the fireworks.  It was a hopeful second day for me.  Though things in your life come to an end there is always a future and a hope.

No comments: