Wednesday, June 1, 2016

My New Car

Living in the USA you need a car to get around.  Transportation is not as efficient and awesome as it was in Hong Kong.  In Hong Kong I could jump on a double decker bus or a mini bus or the MTR(which is a subway) or take a taxi.  Everything was on time and came within 5 minutes.  Unlike America public busses, which you will have to wait around for an hour sometimes to catch it.  So I have bought myself a 2013 Subaru Outback for my preferred method of transportation in the US.  It is so sweet.


I had been searching for 5 months for a car and finally found one.  My dad came with me the day I bought it.  He test drove it and said, "If you don't buy this car, then I am going to."  That let me know he thought it was a good car.  It has cream leather interior on the inside and a shiny black exterior.  I feel like a boss driving it around.

Recently, I took my first major road trip across the state of Washington.  It was so much fun to drive the car.  I had prepped all my favorite cd's for the trip.  When I went to put my first CD in, I discovered that there was already a CD in the player.  The previous owners had left a CD.  Guess what CD it was???  A Cher CD.  Man was I surprised at how much I enjoyed listening to it.  "Woman's World" and "I Walk Alone," are super cool.  I think I may have become a Cher fan from that road trip.


1 comment:

Paige Hollingsworth said...

Great to hear about your new car! Really awesome to know that your dad was ready to buy it if you were not, that really shows it is a great car. And how funny that must have been finding a Cher CD already in the player. I bet it was a fun mix up to your planned playlist. Great fun!