Saturday, August 30, 2008

Bus Jam and Chinese Coffee Date




I am getting braver to venture out on my own.  Today I took the public bus to downtown.  I needed to do some work in the classroom and meet one of the secretaries for coffee.  I walked 25 minutes to the bus stop.  There is a theft problem on the bus so I was very careful to hold onto my bags.  I was curious how long it would take me on the bus verses the taxi I've been normally riding to school.  At one bus stop 6 giant busses were all trying to load and unload people.  It turned into a crazy bus jam.  I finally made it to school 1 1/2 hours later.  This helped me decide to take the taxi; it is much faster and safer.  Usually a couple teachers carpool to cut down on taxi cost.  
Sunna is a new secretary at the school this year.  She is a little sunshine.  Her husband came along for the coffee conversation.  He is a policeman.  She has agreed to meet with me once a week to help me learn Chinese.  I feel very blessed to have such a sweet sunny personality to assist in learning this difficult language.

No comments: