Friday, August 29, 2008

My New Friends and Girls on the Town



I have now been in China one week.  The other people in my apartment complex have really warmed up to me.  Every night as I'd walk home I'd see children playing games outside and women walking around.  I'd always try to wave and say hello and they are more eager to say hello.  Tonight I accidently got caught in the middle of a soccer game and ended up joining the game.  One little boy was very excited about this.  A women motioned if I'd play badmitten with her and I did.  This little boy who I'd played soccer with wanted to play badmitten, too.  At one point we had a four on four game of badmitten going.  It was so much fun.  They kept saying mingtian, which means tomorrow.  They wanted to play more tomorrow.  You can see how excited they are in the picture.  The other photo is of the 7 year old teacher and two secretaries at the school I work with.  Sweet girls.  I'm excited about all my new friends.

No comments: