Sunday, August 31, 2008

Worship and Lunch



I'm so grateful I have a place to fellowship and worship here.  I'm attending an international church with people from Papa New Guinea, Philipines, Africa, Americans, and British.  It is so encouraging to worship the same God with people from all over the world.  This morning I sang with the worship team, which is something I don't normally do.  Usually I'm playing an instrument.  I found it refreshing and freeing to use my voice.  
Afterwards a group of young people went out to lunch.  It was the best Chinese food I've had so far.  Adam, the Brit in the photo, told about his experience taking the train to Shian this summer. He purchase a third class ticket for 100 yuan about $14 US.  It took 30 hours with no food, windows open, dust constantly blowing in, hard benches that sat 6-8 people, and the bathroom overflowed into the car.  It sounded like a nightmare.  I gather not to purchase third class train tickets in the future.

No comments: