Wednesday, August 27, 2008

I am Here



I arrived in China last Thursday early morning. Getting settled into my apartment and decorating my classroom. I don't have internet connected yet at my apartment so I am using the schools internet. Today was the first day of new teacher training. There are 13 new teachers in a staff of 20 teachers. The principal and director of education both stressed the importance of love in education. Letting students know you love them. I'm so happy, because in this school it is ok to give hugs to students. In the US this is looked down upon. After teacher training they drove us out to where our new school is being built. The photo is the location of the new school with all the new teachers. A group of us went to get foot massages. A foot massage is actually a full body massage in a chair. It was so relaxing and very close to where the current school is in downtown Dongguan. The new school is located on the skirts of Dongguan.

No comments: