Tuesday, May 3, 2011

The Dead Sea

Hahaa I'm coming to get you.
Oh no what happened.
We are in the mud pits.



The Dead Sea lives up to it's name. Nothing lives in it's waters, which is both reassuring the the person who is afraid of fish like me and frightening to think that this water is toxic to life. You could see the salinity in the water. It glistened and looked like a glass of water that has too much salt in it. It was fun to float so easily. The land beyond us is Jordan. There was a place along the beach where you could put mud on you. So I walked barefoot, hurting my feet until I found the spot. Silly me I should have just floated there, but moving in super buoyant water is quite a challenge. Several military choppers and jets flew over us. It felt like home in a way. I like the way Israel displays it's force. Like Teddy Roosevelt once said, "Walk softly, but carry a big stick." I'd have to say that is good advice for foreign policy in the Middle East.

No comments: