Friday, May 25, 2012

Rainy Day Reminds Me

Well it is a rainy day in Hong Kong.  Hong Kong is not so different from my home city of Seattle where it rains and rains and rains.  Must be cities that are next to the ocean get lots of rain.  I do feel quite at home here in Hong Kong, because of the rain and the ferries.  Of course it is much more tropical than Seattle.  So rainy days remind me of.....
my home, the pitter patter of rain on the roof while I lay in bed listening, falling back to sleep, coffee shops and steamy windows, evergreen trees and a myriad of grey colours, driving in a car, wanting to stay inside and read a book, listening to jazz, playing the piano, eating dinner with my family, fall and spring.

Oh rainy day thank you for coming.  Thank you for the enveloping blanket of nostalgia.

No comments: