Tuesday, November 4, 2008

QSI Carnival






Last Thursday we had a carnival.  I was on the planning committee to organize the event for the school.  My first planning committee.  I don't know why I volunteered in the middle of organizing a school Christmas musical, but it was fun and I learned a lot.  All the teachers hosted two games like bob for apples, wet sponge toss, maze, pin the tail on the donkey.  It was so much fun.  Everyone dressed up in costumes.  Children were given fake money to play the games.  When they ran out of money they could exchange their prizes at the bank for money.  If teachers ran out of prizes they could exchange their money for prizes.  So it was an endless cycle of recycling and made the bank a hot place of exchange and bartering.  My game was the Guessing game.  Guess how much candy is in the jar and guess the coin under the cup.  The students had fun and even parents came dressed up.  It was a very successful event.  We even decorated our classrooms.  My students created faces on balloons that we hung from the ceiling and covered the lights with crepe paper.  I dressed up like Pipy Long Stalkings.  Everyone thought it was funny I came in my pajamas and most students didn't know that character.  I had fun telling students their teacher was gone for the day and I was the substitute.  

No comments: