Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Tailor for the Nutcracker


So it's been awhile since I've put a post up.  Work has been crazy and I've been fighting sickness.  I'm in the middle of getting ready for a Nutcracker production for the school.  The scenery is taken care of and currently being created.  The costumes were a big step for me, because I've never done costumes before and here I am in China trying to figure it out.  Well I met with the tailor today and a translator communicated as I explained all the costumes.  She is coming in tomorrow at school to size all the students.  There will be over 100 costumes made.  It is a big thing.  The music is coming along.  That is the easy part for me.  Several teachers are choreographing the dances and that leaves only two scenes for me to choreograph.  The overture and the march.  The picture is of the tailor at her sweatshop.  Haha.  Not really a sweatshop.  It's her business.  The little boy is belongs to the translator.  He was cute and funny.

No comments: