Thursday, February 5, 2009

Sardines


For Chinese New Year I traveled to Jiang xhi province with my assistance to visit her home town and family.  To get there we hired a driver.  It was a 10 hour drive.  It was quite comical and uncomfortable.  I guess it is the Chinese way not to tell you everything.  The driver told my assistant that the van would have seven people in it.  At the last minute people kept piling in.  Literally!  We had 11 people squished into a seven person van.  The picture is of me the driver and the van.  When the 11th person had squeezed in I couldn't help, but let out a big old whoop and start laughing, because it was too hilarious.

1 comment:

Leif and Jami Gustafson said...

Haha! I can totally hear you in my mind! I would've laughed with you. Glad you survived the long, squished trip!