Saturday, October 10, 2009

Pittsburg B-B-Q in Hojie October 4, 2009

My Chinese neighbor invited me to a friends house for dinner.  Yes the Chinese have houses.  Sometimes I forget this amid the sprawl of skyscraper apartments.  But the wealthy have homes.  We drove to Hojie, a neighboring city to Dongguan.  I didn’t know it was going to be a B-B-Q, but it was fantastic.  So many delicious hot dogs and ribs.  I felt like I was back in America.  The man of the house was an American from Pittsburg, who had been in China for 15 years.  So many families came over.  So many different languages were spoken at the B-B-Q, Chinese, German, French, Thai, English, Indian.  It was fun to see all the children running around, white children, mixed races of children, playing, speaking Mandarine.  Very cool and very fun!  On the way home my poor neighbor ran out of gas in the middle of the road-very dangerous in China.  She called some friends to help.  Now I can say I’ve run out of gas in China.  hahaha

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Thanks for the updates! I really enjoy reading about your adventures. :)

Leif and Jami Gustafson said...

I'm so glad you're able to post on your blog again!!