Saturday, October 10, 2009

Hong Kong is Way Cooler than I Thought


So I'm in Hong Kong for the second time in my life and have discovered that it is a very cool city.  I have to exit every 60 days, because of my visa.  So I came to HK this weekend with another teacher.  We walked around Kowloon area then took a ferry across the bay to HK Island.  She wanted to spend the night so we found the Hong Kong Hostel and booked a room, which is in Causeway Bay overlooking the water and the sailboats.  It's so pretty.  The subway is a fantastic way to get around, so fast and easy to use.  I really wish more cities in America would have subway systems.  At night the streets are bugeoning with people.  So many people in HK.  It feels like New York City.  We took the tram up to the Peak that overlooks HK.  It is so beautiful at night.  Anyways I'm excited to re-discover HK and realize that I do like it.  I look forward to exiting in another 60 days here.  Now that I'm in HK I will update my blog for friends and family to know what has been happening these past weeks while I've been on the mainland.

No comments: