Saturday, October 10, 2009

The Coconut Bar and Beach






The last day the sun came out so gorgeously and graced the island in a lovely, romantic glow.  The beach in front of our hotel was still off limits for swimming.  I jumped in, but agot whistled at by some guard.  So I walked a little ways down the beach where other Chinese were swimming.  The water was so warm and the waves were perfect for body surfing.  It reminded me of my summers as a child on the California beaches.  After the typhoon so many shells and coral had been washed ashore that I was able to collect several beautiful pieces. 

 

The three of us were able to eat dinner out on the beach at the Coconut Bar, which was part of the hotel.  Of course I can’t eat coconut-I die.  So I’ve learned how to very dramatically express this to people who I order from.  Anyways I didn’t drink any coconut, though it would have been nice.  But I sat at this bar sipping a Corona watching the sunset, feeling like I was in some James Bond movie.  Now I’ve experienced a James Bond moment.  haha

1 comment:

Leif and Jami Gustafson said...

I can't believe you're wearing summer clothes!!! I'm so jealous!