Sunday, January 31, 2010

Red Lanterns Spotted

I am so glad Chinese New Year is coming. I have come to love this time of year, because of this celebration. I was waiting desperately to see the red lanterns put up in the trees. Actually feeling sad, because last year they put them up earlier. Was wondering if they were going to put them up again. But I saw some red lanterns in trees. Yeah! They are starting to decorate the city for the new year. This year it is the year of the Tiger. New Year falls on February 14 later than last year. China goes by a lunar calendar unlike the west. Most early civilizations went by lunar calendars. It wasn't until the Roman Empire that our western calendar was developed. For some reason the Chinese New Year is starting to feel more like a new year to me then in January. I love China so much in all it's traditions.

No comments: