Saturday, February 6, 2010

Borneo






The next stop on the cruise was Borneo. I went on a Sun and Sea Trekking adventure. Took a speedboat out to an island and trekked around the national park. Saw some amazing mangroves. Some people on my tour spoke Spanish and it was an English tour. They didn't understand what was going on so I tried my best to speak the little spanish I know to help them. I made some new friends. The group took another speedboat trip to another island to go snorkling. It was my first time snorkling. At first I didn't think I was going to be able to, because I only had RMB and no Borneo dollars. But I ran into an Australian friend who was by himself and he wanted to go with someone so he paid my way to go snorkling. Later on that night I found out it was his birthday. He was turning 54. He had been snorkling before on the Great Barrier reef in Australia. I was glad I was able to keep him company some on his birthday. He was one of my majong buddies on the cruise.

No comments: