Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Saigon






When we came into Saigon, we were winding up this river for several hours. You could see the beautiful lush, landscape. I'm writing about Saigon in two parts. First part is the city that I saw from a tour bus. The second part is the Chi Chun tunnels. I'm very glad I was on a bus and didn't have to fight through the crazy Saigon traffic. There are so many motor scooters in Saigon. I can't remember the numbers of motor scooterists, but it was a very large number. And they sell thousands of motor scooters each month. So I've decided that Saigon is the motor scooter capitol of the world based on what I saw and the info the tour guide was giving. We stopped at various famous colonial buildings. Before the Veitnam war, Veitnam was a colony of the French. So many buildings reflected that french colonial flair. And then other buildings reflected an asian flair, very Chinese.

No comments: