Monday, February 8, 2010

Singapore






Singapore was a very clean city. I was very surprised to see so many buildings that I'd see in America, especially colonial buildings. I'm learning how much of South East Asia was colonies just like America. So it makes sense that a lot of the architecture would be the same. Singapore sort of felt like Hong Kong to me. Great subway system and very clean and well organized. I think it must be the Brittish influence. The picture of the lion mermaid squirting water is the famous icon statue for Singapore. One of the pictures is of a temple in Little India. Singapore was nice, but I must say I like Hong Kong better. Another picture is the famous Raffles Hotel. I walked around it, but I didn't drink a Singapore Sling in the bar of which I was told to do so...

No comments: