Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Malaysia, Bruni


The day I went into Bruni I left my camera. So the pictures you see someone else took and emailed them to me. I was hoping to get some pictures from my Coptic Aussie friend, because we were on the tour together, but oh well. The day in Bruni was very unique. We went to one of the world's largest water villages. We visited a mosque, which you see in the picture; however, this picture doesn't look like the mosque I saw.....so my cruise friends I got this from were on another tour. There were alot of mosques on this tiny island. On my tour we also went to look for monkeys in the mangroves. That was fun. We spotted some. Sadly Bruni is not a place I would want to return or recommend people travel to. All I can say is something felt off...not right...not normal...but then what is normal....well seeing the local people would seem normal to me, but it was like no one was there except the tourist people. Very weird!

2 comments:

Susan Dungan said...

Dear Elaine...forgive me for being so long in writing!
I have enjoyed your travelogues more than I can tell you, it has been fantastic. And what a world traveler you have become!
Hard to believe you are heading towards your final months of your second year. Any plans after that?
love,
Cousin Susie

Elaine Ray said...

Susie, Please give me your email. I have wanted to talk to you, but I am so bad at keeping track of addresses. Hugs, Elaine