Saturday, March 12, 2011

Dancing Through the Decades

So tonight I went to a dance birthday party at my church. My church is a small church in Hong Kong. The theme was Dancing through the Decades for someone's 50th birthday. When I walked into the YWCA where our church meets, everyone was so dressed up in all kinds of styles from various decades. It was a neat birthday. I'm very grateful for the family feel of my church. The pastor dressed up like Elvis and sang the birthday girl a special song. Earlier in the day I met with a violinist I had met earlier in the week. She is an Aussie and a music teacher at Discovery Bay. We played some duets and decided we are going to prepare for a low key salon music performance for friends at the Culture Center in May. She's really into Irish/Scottish fiddle. Excited to find another violinist I can play with and possible we will put a string quartet together as well.

No comments: