Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Stinky Tofu

How many people in the world have experienced stinky tofu? Can you give me a shout? Well there is this street in Mong Kok that is surrounded by the aura of stinky tofu. What is stinky tofu? Well it is somekind of fermented tofu. It has a very pungent odor. Let me try to express it verbally...hot, wet, dirty feet smell...guys locker room....need I say more. Everytime I smell it I feel as though I could pass out and any hunger pains have been squelched by the smell that has invaded my nostrils.

1 comment:

Random Panda said...

Stinky tofu = RANK!!! It's always around Dundas Street in 旺角, there's really no escaping it... even coming round the corner from somewhere else, it hits you in the face. Anyway, I was sure for ages that the street just smelled like wee, but no - it's tofu. And no, I've never tried it either... On my next trip perhaps...?