Thursday, May 2, 2013

Mission Trip to Pailin, Cambodia

Over the Easter holiday I travelled to Cambodia with 3 other teachers from my school.  Our mission was to go to the rural school in Pailin and train the local teachers and instruct the children in geometry lessons, Bible lessons, art and P.E. lessons.  It was my first experience to work in a school with no running water or electricity.  The students were so sweet and respectful.  Here is a link to a slideshow I made of the pictures.

 http://secure.smilebox.com/ecom/openTheBox?sendevent=4d7a59304d6a59354d4446384f4449314e4467784d6a6b3d0d0a&sb=1


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi, I'm wondering how you got started teaching in Hong Kong what recruiter did you use. I'm currently teaching in Korea thinking about moving to Hong Kong for my next contract. I have tons of questions.. do you like your job? How is the living cost compared to the pay? Any answers would help a ton.. Thanks so much in advance!

Elaine Ray said...

Hi Cynthia I love working and teaching in HK. I would search for international schools in HK and then apply directly to those schools on their websites. I didn't use a recruiter. I just looked at a schools website and applied directly to the headmaster. Schools in HK tend to hire early so start applying in November. Living expenses are high, especially rent. Housing is more expensive then NY and San Francisco. So make sure your school will cover you. Hope this helps. Any more questions feel free to add me on FB and we can continue to chat privately. Blessings, Elaine