Wednesday, December 17, 2008

The Performance








It has been one week since the Nutcracker performance.  It was a magical night.  The students did such a great job, their best run through of the program.  They looked so cute in their costumes that I designed.  The backdrop and set was amazing.  The art teacher did a fantastic job.  The parents' one complaint was that it was too short.  I'd rather it be short and sweet and leave them wanting them more than thinking it was too long.  One teacher who has been teaching for 30 years told me it was the best Christmas school musical she has seen.  That was a very nice compliment coming from a very critical teacher.  

The dress rehearsal that day was crazy.  We had to bus 100 students to the hotel, because we had to rent a stage to perform it.  When I arrived with the pre-schoolers nothing was set up, including the stage.  So it was alot of demanding what we needed and having it translated into Chinese.  It was crazy.  So we were late to start the rehearsal.  It was the first time combining the middle school and secondary choirs.  I thought the middle school boys were going to kill me.  They kept yelling into the microphone and trying to be all cool.  It was a hectic dress rehearsal, but the performance went amazing.  Enjoy the pics.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Wow! Those costumes are very impressive Elaine! Great job and congrats!!

Leif and Jami Gustafson said...

These pictures are incredible- they capture the life and vibrance of the evening. I'm SO glad it all went so well... that's wonderful! I'm also very impressed by the costumes. Simply amazing. I wish I could've been there to see and hear the kids in action!