Thursday, December 4, 2008

Nutcracker Rehearsal






We are in full swing for Nutcracker rehearsals.  It is crazy trying to practice in such a small space. It is a little intimidating trying to direct things as a first year teacher in front of all these seasoned teachers, but I'm learning alot.  The children are doing well and are having fun.  That is the most important thing.

My eight year olds are so sweet.  I feel like I've finally settled into my teaching schedule and learning how to teach Intensive English students.  My students are already talking about how they don't want to go onto the nine year old class next year.  They say they want to stay with me.  I told them we still have the whole year together.  Today something funny happened while I was gone teaching a music class.  Another teacher comes in while my 8's have study time.  This teacher apparently sat in chair and broke it.  I came back to class with a missing chair and the students told me the teacher sat down, it broke and she fell out.  I thought that was pretty funny.  Hopefully I'll have a fixed chair by tomorrow.

1 comment:

Susan Dungan said...

Hi, Elaine!
When is your Nutcracker performance..the kids are so CUTE!
Are you going to get to go home for the holidays? Hope so!