Monday, December 1, 2008

QSI Thanksgiving





On Saturday the school staff celebrated Thanksgiving.  Everyone brought something and we ate in the activity room, the room I teach music in.  The school principal gave a very nice speech and prayed over our dinner.  It was so touching it brought tears to my eyes.  I feel so blessed to have a boss who has such a heart for people and Jesus.  Afterwards one of the Chinese staff played some beautiful guitar music and sang in Chinese to us.  Then other people shared their music, including myself.  It was a very special afternoon.  

The actual day of Thanksgiving I was working and didn't feel like I had missed anything.  But this Saturday made me really miss my family and made me think differently about family holidays.  How special and important they truly are, and how blessed I've been my whole life to have a family to share life with.

True to par with any Thanksgiving get together there was a kid table.  The kids were so cute.  I remember those days of sitting at the kid table.  Good times.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So where exactly is Dongguan? The girls and I found Guangzhou on the map. How far are you from there? Miss you like crazy! Happy Thanksgiving!

Elaine Ray said...

James is this really Lisa? I'm about 20 minutes by a 200km/hour train to Guangzhou. By bus it's over an hour.