Monday, December 1, 2008

Trips to Guangzhou



A couple weeks ago I took the train to Guangzhou to try and get a visa to Russia.  The consulate was very unhelpful and rude.  After two trips he finally told me to go to Beijing.  Which of course I could not go to Beijing during the week, because of teaching.  And consulates are only open during the weekday.  Anyway on my second trip back from Guangzhou I ended up getting sick on the train.  I could barely walk of the train.  One of the guards helped me down some stairs and they brought some person who said they were a doctor.  They gave me some Chinese medicine.  It was some kind of oil rubbed on my forehead.  It actually helped me feel somewhat better, but I still could barely move.  They helped me get into a taxi home.  I'm so grateful for kind people.  Wherever you God seems to bring people into your life to help support you and sustain you.  There is some verse that says, "I am the LORD your God, the one who will support and sustain you even to your old and dying days."
The pictures are of inside the train station and a view of some apartments while I waited for the train.   The train is super fast.  It goes 200 kilometers per hour.  Very efficient and fast way to travel.  It would be nice if America had this kind of fast train.  I know they are popular in Europe.

No comments: