Thursday, August 26, 2010

First Day of School




So the first day of school came and went. It is a completely new schedule for me to get used to. All my specials are in the morning, which I've been used to having specials in the afternoon and using the morning time for academics. My classroom is on the third floor. I have 22 students. 14 boys, 8 girls, and 5 special ed. students with IEPs. This is a new year of teaching for me and I will learn alot with the students. I've never had so much freedom with lesson planning and unit planning and choosing when to teach what subjects. In some ways this is nice, but at the beginning my head is spinning with trying to figure out how to fit in all the subjects with the certain amount of minutes I am supposed to be teaching them. LA is 675 minutes every 6 days. That is alot of Language Arts. The school is on a 6 day schedule too instead of a 5 day schedule. This has my head spinning, too. The students are sweet and today they will be presenting their ME bags, which was their first homework assignment.

No comments: