Friday, September 26, 2008

My Wild Animals





My students are so sweet, but they also drive me crazy sometimes.  The nine boys have become quite the little click.  They love to have fun and be wild.  The girls are sweet and follow directions very readily, but the boys it's like pulling teeth sometimes.  Friday was sunglasses day.  So I took a class photo.  Friday was also a bad day for them.  They spent two times throughout the day with whole class time outs, heads on the tables and lights out, to think about their behavior.  It is days like this when I show my iron fist that I feel very sad.  I think teaching is a mix of emotions.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Sometimes children need discipline so they can learn how to grow into civilized, respectful adults. I hope that they will surprise and delight you more on Monday to make up for that rough day. :)

Unknown said...

Your kids are so cute! They look like a handful, but I know you're one strong lady who can totally handle them. I remember getting the lights-out, heads-down when I was in school too. Little secret: I loved it because I could relax. It was always a good way to just refocus. I bet you're an amazing teacher. :-)