Friday, September 19, 2008

Koinonia and New Family





I'm so excited I found a Friday night single get together called Koinonia.  The group meets in a four story apartment and has a mix of Chinese, Americans, and Africans.  Everything is translated from English to Chinese even the music.  It was so fun and beautiful to sing in Chinese songs I knew in English.  Something I love about the Chinese people is when you are new to a gathering, you stand up and introduce yourself and give a small speech.  Their little speeches are so sweet and sincere.  There seems to be a spirit of innocence and openness among the Chinese people that I have not found in America.
I also have found a family away from my family.  I spent the night with them after Koinonia, because it was past midnight.  A couple, Steve and Denise from Tennessee, who I work with at QSI, open their apartment to young people.  Before Koinonia I ate dinner with them and found myself three new brothers.  Two from the West Coast and one from the East Coast.  This couple has four children back in America.  I feel like I've become apart of their family of four here in China.  In the picture with all the Chinese you can see Denise.  This couple is an inspiration.  

No comments: