Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Bus Riding



The other day I decided to get on a bus and see where it would take me.  A new bus stop started in front of my apartment complex.  I was really curious to see if it would take me into downtown Dongguan.  I'm feeling more confident about getting around and finding my way home if I get lost.  If I get lost, then I catch a taxi home to Jaing nan ya Zhu.  It was fun to get on a bus and not know where I would end up.  It did take me to the downtown area, which is where my school is.  So this week I've been taking the bus into work instead of the taxi.  I must say it is so much more relaxing than the taxi and I feel safer in a big bus.  It gives me time to think and pray.  The pictures are of the downtown area that was decorated for the October National holiday.

4 comments:

Amy Shaw said...

Wow! gorgrous flowers. It seems so odd to me that all of the landscaping (at least up north) is composed of plants still in their pots! None of the flowers seem to be planted in the ground. We have some similar arrangements here in the Olympic park areas.

Louise said...

Hi Elaine! Sorry I haven't posted sooner, but we've been busy with our move to NC. Here now but not moved in to our house yet and am using the computer at the library until we get ours. I love your blog. It sounds like you are having a great time. I have a blog now too: thebigmove-louise@blogspot.com.Hope to add more when I get computer. Love you! Aunt Louise

Susan Dungan said...

Elaine! Greetings! I love you, too!
Is that big globe also made of flowers? I love the colors and the joy of that! Good for you for just getting on the bus and seeing where it is going to take you..its kind of like life!

Elaine Ray said...

Louise you've finally made it back to the states. Congratulations. I'll have to visit you in NC. You know my sweetheart's family lives in Hickory, NC. I'll add your blog to my watch list. Hugs, Elaine