Sunday, October 5, 2008

Cultural Girl's Night Out






This weekend I spent with my co-workers from school.  Working at an International school allows me to interact with not only students from all over the world, but teachers.  The group of girls I spent the weekend with are from the Philipines, India, and Russia.  We ate at this Thai restaurant that had live dancers.  The live dancers appear to be woman, but are actually men.  It was Dasha's birthday and we found ourselves dancing to the song Dancing Queen with some drag queens.  
Later that night we did facials, satin hands, and satin lips with Mary Kay stuff I had brought with me from America.  They had fun being goofy.  The girl from Russia and India made chocolate cottage cheese.  I learned how to make cottage cheese.  It's pretty easy.  You boil milk and add sugar and vinegar until the milk curdles.
The next day I went to my first spa ever.  It was incredible.  If people come visit me in China I know where we can get amazing spa treatment for a great price.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Elaine, it's such fun getting to read about your adventures! And especially seeing the pictures.
I love traveling but know that there will never been enough time for Charlie and I to go everywhere we'd like to go, so thank you for "taking us with you" to China.
love,
Susie (your cousin)
P.S. I'm in love with your sofa.

Elaine Ray said...

susie cool I didn't know you were keeping up with life here in China. Thanks. Yeah the sofa is pretty cool and super comfortable. I love you.

Leif and Jami Gustafson said...

How fun!