Sunday, March 29, 2009

Crazy Weekend

So after three trips to the ER this weekend I'm doing much better.  My friend thought I should stick with Western style medicine since my symptoms were pretty severe.  The doctor put me on penicillin, a fever medicine, and some Chinese medicine for my throat.  For some reason whenever I'm sick I am really uncoordinated.  Three weekends ago when I first got sick I broke my honey jar and one of my favorite mugs.  This weekend, when I was trying to fix some hot soup, I started a kitchen fire.  The plastic handle caught on fire.  Chinese use gas to cook with so I was a little freaked out.  But I rationally turned off the gas and then grabbed a wet washcloth and beat the fire out.  There was all this black powder from the melted plastic.  I was too sick and tired to clean up the mess.  Plus my kind neighbor was on her way to take me to the hospital.  That evening when I once again entered my kitchen to heat up some soup, a plastic speck flew into my eye.  (You'd think by now I wouldn't cook for myself when I'm sick.)  It would not come out.  I used eye drops to flush it out, but it was stuck on my eyeball and really freaking me out.  So I called my neighbor again to take me to the hospital.  They brought in an eye doctor specially for me who performed minor eye surgery to remove the plastic.  I have since then decided not to go into my kitchen unless I am wearing goggles.  My third trip to the ER was to remove the bandage from my eye and make sure everything was gone.  It was.  I'm doing much better and wishing I had a roomate to help me when I'm deliriously sick, but grateful for a kind neighbor.

No comments: