Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Happy St. Patrick's Day

Today I had a Chinese St. Patrick's Day.  St. Patrick's Day is actually my favorite holiday.  Most people don't know the true meaning behind St. Patrick's Day.  Patrick was an Irish man who freed the Irish people from the dominance of the Druid lord's and witches who forced human sacrifices from the people to appease the gods.  I hate evil and anything that sets itself up above the Most High.  I love any holiday that celebrates the end to human sacrifices.  I also love Irish/Scottish music as this is part of my culture.  The past three ST. Patrick's Days I have spent at the Mandolin Cafe listening to my old friend from Tacoma Youth Symphony days playing some dam good Scottish fiddling.  I was quite remorse not to hear him play again this year, but I was able to celebrate at an English pub here in Dongguan with some other teachers.  First place I've been in China where I was surrounded by white people instead of Asians.  Happy St. Patrick's Day to you all and praise the Most High for whom there is no need for any more blood sacrifices, for there is freedom under the Lamb.

No comments: