Friday, March 13, 2009

Teaching what am I doing?

This week has been very challenging.  I keep questioning if these students are really learning anything, especially when it comes to English and writing.  Teaching second language learners is so frustrating sometimes.  This week I've been a little harder on their grammar, punctuation, and spelling.  Realizing I only have three months left with them I see how far they still need to go.  Sometimes I can't believe I'm teaching such things as grammar, spelling and writing when this is definently not my strong point.  One professor in college thought I was such a terrible writer that she wouldn't consider me for a teaching assistant.  Anyways it's been a discouraging week, but today made up for it, inspite of my students' behavior.  We've been studying energy in science and today my students got to touch electricity.  That was so cool and they were having fun.  It was an electrifying day.

No comments: