Thursday, October 16, 2014

Glitter on Your Butt Kind of Day

Well what a day of crazy school teaching, but it is fun, though exhausting.  One of those days where you are getting in the groove of teaching, but also having those daily discipline struggles and playing a balancing act between smoothness and craziness and "listen to me boys and girls."  There were several moments of being in my skin, or how to see me completely being my goofy self in front of kids and they love it....those are the best moments.  When you can play, joke be yourself with the students and they get it and respond.  For me those moments are when I use my voice, different voices, silly voices, playing with words, to say things and joke and laugh.  In the midst of a stressful situation in trying to teach a lesson on magnets and maintain some sense of order to the chaos.....a student informs me that there is a glitter hand on my butt.  I am like what?  I can not see it, but I put my hand behind me and discover one of our glittery gluey hand projects attached to my butt.  I peel it off while it leaves a lovely green glittery print.  I can't help, but laugh and then all the students laugh. Sometimes you just have to laugh, because the chaos can get crazy, but it is still fun.

No comments: