Friday, October 24, 2014

Team Planning

Our own take on the Beatles.

Halt traffic we are crossing the street.

 The front view of the elevator.

The back view of the elevator.

Eating at the Pumpernikle in Lai Chi Kok.

Let me introduce my new team of teachers.  Every year I have been at this school my grade has grown by one class.  I have gotten close to five different people over the past 4 years, training, working, planning, and developing a team.  Sadly those five people have moved on to other places in the world.  One of the little downsides of international school teaching; high turn over.  This is year one with three new teachers on my team.  It can always be a little challenging at first to know how people communicate, what they like and don't like, how they process information, and how they deal with problems.  We had our first full day of planning and I decided to take the team off campus to a cute, yummy restaurant for lunch.  Though there are challenges ahead of us, it really helped the group to bond.  Very grateful!  Building a community of people is my passion.  Wether it is in the classroom, with other teachers, or in a small group of a church, community is something that stirs my blood and it can be a hard road to build that unity.  Ultimately, it is God's hands and He will lead me to lead others.

No comments: