Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Meeting a Stranger at the Ritz

So today after work I went to the Ritz for a nice afternoon tea.  I enjoy the ambiance and the live music.  The musicians know me and they were like you're late today.  I worked later than usual....Anyways as I was leaving, I struck up a conversation with an American in the elevator.  We ended up sitting down at the lobby for a conversation.  Turns out he doesn't like HK very much, because he has been staying in Chung King Mansions.  Now I am going to highly advise anyone wanting to come and stay for cheap in HK DO NOT stay in Chung King Mansions.  That place is out of a horror movie.  Super creepy, gross and dirty.  Plus you feel like you are being followed by people from India and Africa, as that is a hang out for a lot of under cover black market deals.  So no wonder this guy thought HK was waco.  I ended up giving him a ride on my scooter to meet someone and thought that was it.  But after several emails turns out he is coming over to spend the night.  Yep I am letting a stranger spend the night on my couch.  I have a roommate and both our doors lock.  So you never know what will happen when you start a conversation with a stranger at the Ritz.  PS You may never hear from me again as I have been murdered....just kidding.;)

No comments: